Wednesday, September 24, 2003

"And where the hell have you been! Your dinner's gone cold!"



Well, I've been in Coventry for pretty much the whole month - and oh how I have enjoyed that, it's been...a...blast...



So, anyway between fun filled trips up North I've been to my company's belated tenth anniversary get together (ate lot's, drank more, spoke to a few old chums, didn't take enough pictures), watched Glenn Hoddle's last game as manager of Spurs (after three everybody! We're the Park lane!... sorry, minor slip of the tongue there), and acquired plenty of CDs (and there are a hell of a lot more on the way!).



And that's about it I'm afraid, not much else to say really. Managed to finally watch the last episode of Buffy, which was frankly a bit shite. I mean, come on folks! Where exactly was the ending? OK, Sunnydale go boom, Xander goes a bit pirate, Angel pops up for about 30 seconds and a couple of half major characters kick the bucket - but in reality not that many loose endings were tied up were they? (...I just spoiled the ending there, didn't I? Oooh! little old evil me!).



And speaking of major events in motion picture history (yeah yeah, screw you I'll be as tenuous as I damn well like) can I just say a few words about Citizen Kane, which I finally got round to watching on DVD recently. Now I agree it's an important and influential film (although in a fairly dry technical sense), but can I be controversial here and say that it is by no way the best film ever. Casting aside the obvious Star Wars obsession in this neck of the wood I can think of plenty of films which are better: Laurence of Arabia, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Matrix, even the Muppet Christmas Carol! All those film critics who put Kane at the top of there lists are so wrong it hurts.



But getting back to the Star Wars obsession, the DVD has a documentary presented by, well I'll be blunt: That Twat Barry Norman who has the nerve to get all cynical about the original Star Wars trilogy. Now I'm only going to say it once: You do not diss the Holy Trinity! It is a sacred thing and as such beyond criticism... except maybe for the Ewoks, and the crappy bat things in Empire...



Ok that's enough I think, nothing else to do except welcome Phall Master to the fold. Nice comment, I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment