Tuesday, January 18, 2005

If like me you have a bunch of pictures on your PC you may find this program called Picasa from the good people at Google useful. Nice interface, I can't criticise the way it organises things and it has some useful effects which may form some inspiration if I ever finish off this god damn new design!



If I'm being honest it's not just lack of inspiration that's been holding me back, my new found ability to recover really really badly from drinking binges isn't helping and I've been buying tons of stuff (retail therapy I guess...) like this book by Jaime Hernandez :





Honestly, if your the sort of person who normally looks down on comic books you need to read this. It basically tells the tale of two bisexual hispanic punks called Maggie and Hopey, beautifully drawn in solid black and white throughout covering about 20 years worth of Love and Rockets comics - given that amount of material you get character development that most normal books can only dream of. Really nice book, will probably be made into a really horrible film one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment