Sunday, July 30, 2006

Made a bit of a momentous decision this weekend...

Well, for me it is anyway. Basically my Japanese PSP is officially knackered, I'm not entirely sure how (although I think Loco Roco may have something to do with it) the right trigger button has become jammed or something and it's now pretty much impossible to play anything on it. And you know what? I don't think I'm going to replace it.

*Gasp!*

The PSP is undoubtedly a great little gadget; it's got a wonderful screen - plays music, videos and games, but I've come to the conclusion that I can cope with life fairly easily without one. When it came out I was amazed with games like Lumines and Ridge Racers, but since then I don't think there has really been anything that has occupied me for more than a weekend if I'm being totally honest. And looking ahead at the depressing release schedule of games (only Tekken interests me, and even that is tainted by the fact that beat-em-ups are only really enjoyable when played against a real live person that you can taunt when you win and whine when you lose), I can't see there being a game that will occupy me coming out any time soon.

Could this be a sign of things to come? I'm already seriously thinking of not getting a PS3 - big deal for me, I've brought pretty much every console since the Dreamcast on release day. New found maturity? Yikes!

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest. Now for something completely different: Europop.

No comments:

Post a Comment