Friday, June 22, 2007

My Shame...

This post needs a soundtrack:

The Angels of Light - Shame

OK, onwards to my dirty, shameful confession:

After years of moaning about iPods being essentially wrong I have succumbed and I'm now the owner of an 80GB iPod. After drowning my old mp3 player I've been trying to get through the last couple of weeks with a 1GB memory card and my phone and frankly it's not working. I'm constantly having to shuffle mp3s to and from my phone, and the battery life is crap.

So why an iPod? Well, I have about 55GB of music on my hard drive, I buy over 100 CDs a year and download almost as many, I need capacity! As far as I can see there isn't anyone else making mp3 players with anywhere near my storage requirements.

Good points so far:
  • Syncing with iTunes went very smoothly
  • It does look lovely
  • It is very loud, which is useful as I seem to be half deaf.
  • The 'On-The-Go' play list thing is a good idea.
  • Sounds better than my phone

Bad points:

  • I have a feeling deleting content will be a pain
  • The EQ setting is a complete waste of space, none of them are any good.
  • Sound quality is nowhere near as good as my old mp3 player.
  • Whilst the 'On-The-Go' play list is inherently a good thing, why can't you add things to it from the Now Playing screen? (this could just be ignorance on my part)
  • You can only change the volume on the Now Playing screen as far as I can work out.
  • Very easy to skip over the item you wanted to select with the wheel thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment