Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.



Well, we have:
  • One wobble board - I've got to practice using this until I can stand on it one foot without falling over. I can't stand on my right foot normally, let alone on an unsteady surface, so I'll be very pleased with myself if I can get to this stage
  • Two orthopedic insoles - they are kind of like normal ones except with a molded bit where the arch of your foot is and two blocks under the ankle that make it feel like you are wearing high heels... not that I've ever tried such a thing *ahem*
  • Three pilates bands - just three big sheets of rubber really, probably quite good fun if you are into 'that sort of thing'.
I'd prefer to be prescribed some sort of bionic foot or a peg leg, but these are what the doctor ordered. The idea is to strengthen my bad foot so the muscles in it stop complaining and waking me up at 4am every sodding morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment