Sunday, April 18, 2004

I swear I fell in love yesterday...



Wandering around town, I saw this girl who just totally took my breath away - dark hair, slim, attractive, maybe it was just me - but she had a certain understated elegence not found in the typical Burberry clad Woking lass. As I was getting into the lift to the car park she asked me for directions to Woking's most 'exclusive' shopping centre The Peacocks Centre, she had this wonderful East European accent, the kind that makes grown men go weak at the knees. I told her where to go, and that was that - maybe in some other parallel universe there is a more confident Darth Phil who showed her where it was, who took her for a coffee or something, and well...



One of those silly little moments that I thought should be documented. It must be Spring time, my hormones have woken up...



*sigh*



Anway, back to the real world, before I get even more melancholy: there is the grand total of one suriviving picture from Friday night's drinking session. Contrary to popular opinion there is quite a lot of editorial control behind the pictures from my phone, and the other pictures were either shite or wouldn't be appreciated by the photographees at all! I've padded the content with some pictures of things I've acquired recently including: a t-shirt purchased to satisfy my requirement to own a vaguely patriotic t-shirt for Euro 2004 which doesn't involve Bulldogs, a St George's Cross, or FCUK being crass; some signed CD's from Michael Gira's Young God Records label (of which I am well chuffed with); and the latest Hellboy comic book (which is actually a spin off - so not really a Hellboy book).



Beside's the falling in love with random strangers and failing to use my camera phone properly I've spent most of this weekend listening to music, mainly my new Angels of Light CDs, but I've also found some interesting stuff on the internet:



Another band who have an album released through Young God Records are an Italian band called Larsen, there is a fascinating account of how there album Lever was recorded, and if you hunt around on there own site there are some mp3s to download. If you like Mogwai, you'll like these a lot - trust me.



I watched a documentary on BBC4 the other day called The Blues which had some music by this old fella who played a cane flute, called a fife, whilst backed by a whole bunch of drummers. It was recognisably 'the blues', but I've never heard it played that way. Anyway, his name was Otha Turner - sadly he has since passed away, but you can still listen to his music on his home page and on epitonic.



gabba / POD have posted this grime tune by a 12 year old MC called Ashman which is actually pretty damn good - time for Dizzee Rascal to start worrying?



And, finally: Check out this fuckin' chain clart! Safe as fuck! You knows it!, Welsh hip hop at it's finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment