Monday, April 12, 2004

Some music related postings I found on the internet, which I feel the urge to share with the world, in a sort of educational way:



This European MTV site has some interesting Anticon interviews if you follow the This is Our Music link. Anticon are a record label/collective whose CDs more often than not end up in my CD collection. Even if you don't like the music you can marvel at the collection of different styles of haircuts and facial hair on display.



I have many regrets in life: smoking and drinking too much, not taking my first degree seriously, having an almost pathological urge to not say the right thing at the right time to the right people (ooh, how vague am I?), but above all these is: not seeing my favourite band of all time play live before they sadly called it a day. To make me feel even worse about it Slateman has started to post mp3s of the last live show that the mighty Godflesh played over at his scarily encyclopedic fan site. They are very loud, and unless you are a fan you will hate them...



Definitive Jux have posted a link to a rather nice collaboration between 'the peoples MC' Murs and 'Beatles sampling producer' DJ Dangermouse, which is well worth your bandwidth as it's a good song, and highlights one of those amazingly ridiculous American ideas of justice.



Richard 'damn it you worked with Liberty X, how dare you invade my high-brow indie hip-hop label' X has contributed a rather jolly good remix to the new Prince Po material on Lex Records. And before I get accused of being snobby, I did like his work with Liberty X and The Sugababes - bastard!



And finally, if it's still there, grab the wonderfully goth Sex Beat by Two Lone Swordsmen from new (ish), err, then pre-order the new album. I know I've mentioned it before, but it deserves repeating since it's a great song.

No comments:

Post a Comment