Wednesday, December 15, 2004

My brick has turned up...



First impressions of my new iRiver jukebox, well so far are good: sound quality wise it's fantastic. I've compared it to the same songs playing through my laptop's output and everything seems to have be much clearer and the bass really knocks your head off without muddying things up, probably due to all the fancy SRS tricks up it's sleeve. I look forward to my impending struggle with tinitus.



The user interface shines on the colour screen although it can be a bit confusing at the moment, it doesn't help that it seems to have two menu buttons and I keep hitting the wrong one. Whilst I'm on bad points, I'm damned if I can get media player to recognise it (even though Microsoft's website has it as a supported product), not too much of a pain as it acts as a hard disk when plugged in, but I'd like to use Media Player's synch facility - Oh well, early days and all that, I'm sure I'll figure it out.



The really cool thing though is that it can play videos, it takes a bit of work as you have to make sure the video is the right size and it's using Xvid encoding, but it's still a damn cool trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment