Monday, December 5, 2005

So, I've got the week off to play on my new XBox 360. Kind of embarrassing to admit that really, but if I was at work I'm sure I'd just be pining for my new toy. Sad isn't it?

Today I've been mainly playing Condemned: Criminal Origins.


It's probably the most next generation looking game of the three I've bought for the new XBox, it's a strange first person shooter in which you hardly get to shoot anything. Unlike most first person shooters guns and ammo are really hard to find, most of the combat is done with melee weapons like pipes and rusty old signs which you rip off the walls as you progress through some seriously eerie and menacing levels. It's an exceptionally creepy game, you tend to only see enemies either as shadows flitting across the corner of the screens or as they jump out at you brandishing a bit of wood with a few nails stuck in them. Very creepy and suitably scary at times, plus the story isn't too bad, I'm rather enjoying it.

It gets a bit much at times however, which is when the new XBox Arcade comes in very handy. This is a new feature which lets you download mini-games for the XBox, I'm mildly addicted to Geometry Wars Evolved at the moment (highly recommend that anyone with a new XBox tries this out). I'm kind of in awe of the people at the top of the leaderboard, my top score is about 230,000 which puts me 2976th in the world, the top score is 1,955,255 - doesn't half make you feel inadequate!

No comments:

Post a Comment