Friday, September 10, 2004

drunken post time - please excuse the spelling and lack of grammar...



OK, pictures... not my fault! So I can point you towards them without the usual voyeuristic guilt trip.



Just finished watching the mercury music prize awards on BBC2, my god it was dull - and frankly depressing. Is Franz - look at our shiny suits - Ferdinand the best this country can come up with? Bollocks! We can do better than that. Just flicking through my CD collection this year I can come up with at least two bands that are better than Franz Fucking-dull-boring-safe-Ferdin-we-desperately-want-to-be-Interpol-and.



First stop: Spring Heel Jack, ok they may use some foreign musicians, and occasionally get a bit up there own arses, but damn it they seem to have generally made an attempt at breaking conventions whilst still being able to raise the hairs on the back of my neck.



Second choice: Philip Jeck - I'm sorry but the man can create some of the most beautiful, emotional music using a couple of antique record players, some forgotten vinyl and a handful of dust, it deserves some recognition. (Please!) Go and listen to the first track on his album 7 if you don't believe me...

No comments:

Post a Comment