Monday, September 13, 2004

hmm...



Isis - 09.23.03

This is a live recording from the Isis as they were promoting there excellent Oceanic CD. This show was recorded when they were supporting Mogwai (now there's a line up I'd pay good money for), the quality is unfortunatly not very good - pretty basic bootleg standard really - but you do get a good impression of there live presence. One for the fans.



The Twilight Singers - She Loves You

Not sure about this one, Greg Dulli doing a whole album of cover versions. The album cover is very promising - basically a crotch shot, but it has a definite Afghan Whigs feel to it, but I'm not sure about the choice of covers. John Coltrane is a difficult one for a rock group to pull off, and most of the others I'm unfamiliar with so its difficult for me to appreciate the interpretations on offer. Having said that the version of Bjork's Hyperballard is brilliant - but I do have a definte soft spot for that song.

No comments:

Post a Comment