Monday, August 1, 2005

cry wolf...

Wolf Eyes - Burned Mind
I've been holding off buying this album for quite some time as frankly it scares me a bit: it's got a drawing of a crow pecking at a couple of decapitated heads on the front cover, and from what I gathered from various reviews it was meant to be pretty unlistenable. Well, I say unlistenable, but it still got very good reviews in things like The Wire and Pitchfork - so I thought its about time I gave it a go. Well, I quite like it! It's definitely not for a lot of people, but if you like the really (and I mean REALLY) noisy bits in some Sonic Youth songs, have a bit of a soft spot for Grindcore and can have a chuckle along to most of Kid 606's Down with the scene album then I think you'll like this too.

MP3: Village Oblivia

No comments:

Post a Comment