Monday, April 30, 2007

I want to live like... an Orthodox Caveman?


Can't say I ever saw Mr Cocker as an aficionado of doom...

I'm so going! Partly for some good old fashioned, ear drum destroying, bowel rupturing doom; partly as I really want to know what a Satanic Polyphonic Spree looks like (although The Polyphonic Spree seem to have turned into some sort of Nazi Death Cult nowadays so I've got a fair idea); and partly as I like to think there is the very slim possibility of a frankly unique version of Common People being performed.

More info about Jarvis Cocker's Meltdown festival here.

If you would like to know what SunnO))) sound like live here is Hallow-Cave from La Mort Noir dans Esch/Alzette. It is rather a large file, 30MB in total, and I feel that I must warn you, the ultimate instrument in sonic doom is involved: the trombone.

Must be listened to loud, or the Gods of Metal will be angry and probably want to do some smiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment