Monday, June 9, 2003

...bad choice?



Evenesence - Fallen

OK, sometimes I fuck up... It doesn't take much, a catchy number one single, a cute goth chick on the front of the album and a bunch of glowing user reviews on Amazon and Boom!! I'll lap up any old crap. So anyway, this is horribly overblown - so much so it's not even funny; and were as I was expecting them to add something to the traditional metal formula (sort of like the nu-metal likes of Linkin Park and Korn do), they seem to have gone backwards... Not very good



Metallica - St Anger

My god they are angry... There have been some reviews that say how this harks back to the Master of Puppets era Metallica, I'm not sure about that - although on the surface the comparision is some what true, ie loud, fast and long songs, but this album seems a lot rawer. It's difficult to give a proper impression on it at the moment since the songs just try to bludgeon you into submission mainly - quite a painful album to listen to really. I think I like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment