Monday, June 2, 2003

not more!



Marilyn Manson - The Golden Age of The Grotesque

Business as usual for Mr Manson, wholesome fun for all the family. This CD ranks as just about OK in my view, Mobscene is quite good fun with it's cheer leader chorus and I do like the short film that comes on the extra DVD is good, but the rest of it just hasn't sunk in yet



!!! - Me and Giuliani Down By the Schoolyard

Apparently you pronounce there name as three identical short sounds, very interesting band. There an eight piece group who do a very fine line in punk-ish, new wave-esque psychedelia - I'm at a loss to explain what they are doing on Warp records. This EP only has 2 songs, but each clocks in at about 9 minutes long - I get the feeling that seeing them live would be something a bit special



Dan Greenpeace & DJ Yoda - Unthugged

DJ Yoda returns, this time with Dan Greenpeace, to generally take the piss out of hip-hop. Apparently his next record is an 80's tribute - can't wait!



Various - Nice Up The Dance

My excursions into the wonderful world of dancehall and ragga continues, although with a hip-hop twist. There's two basic concepts here, either hip hop MC's over a reggae beat, or toasting over a hip hop beat. This compilation makes a change from the other Soul Jazz releases I've got in that it seems to have quite recent release... Sean Paul ring any bells? And I didn't think I'd ever own a CD with a tune featuring Shaggy that I could take seriously but I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment