Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Sigh...



Boards of Canada - In a beautiful place out in the country

I get the impression from the comments on the front page that buying 160-odd CDs in the space of a year may seem a bit excessive to some. To be brutally honest, I really don't think it is - if anything I don't think it's enough, I've always got this feeling that there is a massive amount of music out there (whereever 'there' is...internet, record shops, hanging around street corners) that I haven't listened to, but would still put half of my collection to shame. This EP from the Boards of Canada, released in the year 2000, is a case in point - 3 maybe even 4 years old and still sounds fresh and new. I've always quite liked there music, but never been fanatical about them, but this is great, pretty stereotypical stuff: sweeping analogue keyboard sounds, lethargic hip-hop-esque beats, spooky childrens voices, and deceptively creepy tunes - but it all just comes together so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment