Sunday, February 15, 2004

Right, since I have a website with the word "Darth" in the title it's not unreasonable to assume I'm a Star Wars fan - and as such I have an opinion an the recent announcement of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD.



Like many fans I have conflicting opinions: I'm happy that the films I love are finally being released on DVD, but slightly disappointed with the manner of the release. For one, the trilogy is being release as a box set with one disc of extras - ok I know the films should stand on there own, but the first three Star Wars films are a big part of cinematic history, they've spawned countless books, comics, games and toys - having one disc of extras just doesn't seem enough. Especially since the first two DVD releases of the new Star Wars films both come with there own disc of extras.



Then there is the fact that the original versions of the film are not going to be released - it's almost like George Lucas doesn't want to acknowledge they exist. It just seems a bit sad to me, I'm very nostalgic about those films: I want my non-cgi special effects shots back, and I want Han to shoot first damn it!



Anyway, if you feel at all bothered about it click the link to sign a petition - if anything it does help release a bit of tension.



In other news last night saw the annual trip to Guildford to celebrate Matt and Joe's birthday - not much to report other than: it was fun, a frankly heroic amount of alcohol was drunk and I found a really good way to piss off a bouncer (try to take pictures of the stupid cunt after he has tried to chuck two of your friends out for absolutely no reason other than drinking a bit too much alcohol, in case you are wondering - works like magic!).

No comments:

Post a Comment