Tuesday, August 17, 2004

To celebrate my new phone, my old one has been diagnosed as having *cough* water damage (not beer damage, no sirree), I'd like to present to fellow sharp gx-30 owners this highly annoying ringtone.



I've been to the cinema tonight to see I Robot, wasn't as bad as I expected it to be (this whole going to the cinema with really low expectations seems to be doing the trick). Will Smith does his stuff with a slightly meaner edge than usual, it has plenty of cool robots which handily glow red when they go a bit evil, and the blatant product placement from Audi didn't annoy me as much as I thought it would. Worth watching really...



Unlike another couple of films which I've watched recently, but which I've not had to pay £6.50 for (thank you internet!). Garfield was the first one: it just felt like a film that everyone, with the exception of the CGI department who did a reasonable job with the big fat cat, did on auto pilot - there seemed to be pretty much no effort, from anyone involved, to make it anything other than a below average family film.



And then there is The Punisher, it had all the right characters from the recent Garth Ennis comic books: Joan the mouse, Spacker Dave, Bumpo were in it - they even had The Russian (although he was in his pre-transsexual cyborg incarnation, which was a shame). But what was the point in doing a two hour film on the Punisher where he only does some proper 'punishing' in the last twenty minutes? And he kept letting bad guys off! Not violent enough basically...

No comments:

Post a Comment