Sunday, June 5, 2005

Still not watching Big Brother, although I'm quite tempted to after reading this quote from the newly evicted 'witch'.

I think collectively we are disgusting people and I think this is the worst Big Brother

Some honesty! More on television in a moment.

First up can someone explain to me why I haven't heard of this film called Survive Style 5+? It appears to have it all - directed by some mad Japanese Director with absolutely no respect for colour. Plenty of stylish fighting, a bloke pretending to be a chicken, a camp hypnotist who dresses as a rabbit, some woman who can launch her forearm like a rocket, and Vinnie Jones whose main purpose seems to be to menacingly intone "What is your purpose in loif?!" before violently stabbing people. It looks brilliant - pure punk rock! And the reviews on IMDB seem to back me up on this one, it has been ordered so hard my credit card has whiplash.

Back to television - Channel 5 are going to start showing a series that I've been enjoying thanks to the magic of BitTorrent. It's called House - on the surface it's a standard American medical drama, but I really enjoyed it. Each epsiode plays out more like a Crime series with the doctors acting more like detectives - makes you think a bit - and I liked the main character Dr Gregory House (played somewhat suprisingly by Hugh Laurie with a really odd American accent) who comes across as a bitter twisted man who always seems to be vaguely annoyed that he's essentially a nice bloke. I sense a bit of projecting going on there...

No comments:

Post a Comment