Tuesday, March 18, 2003

War! Good God! huurgh! What is it good for!... etc etc



Right, I thought it might be an idea for this website to get vaguely topical, so here's a few links to get you all in the mood for the forthcoming gulf war part 2.



First, to get in the right frame of mind may I suggest the philosophy of Mr Bill Hicks - there are plenty of recordings around of his thoughts on how ridiculous the original Gulf War was. If that doesn't get you nice and indignant, try reading this pile of shite.



Second, all good anti-war protestors need a t-shirt with a decent slogan, may I suggest the Can you feel my love? shirt from Ban T-shirts.



Next up, a good protest song - and I don't think you'll get much better than the DJ Spooky remix of Not In Our Name by Saul Williams - ladies and gentlemen I give you 'protest garage'. This isn't your typical 'tree hugging hippie crap' protest song, this is a good 'n' furious 'How fucking dare you!' cry to our leaders... plus it's got a good beat. Anyway, the nice people at ninjatune have it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment