Monday, June 7, 2004

I just love Monday mornings, that slight feeling of depression that inevitably follows from a weekend of heavy drinking; waking up and promising that this week will be the week where I finally stop smoking, stop drinking so much, and actually do some exercise... knowing full well that by this evening such virtuous thoughts will be thrown right out of the metaphorical window.



Anyway, enough moaning. One thing about this week is it's a pretty damn fine one for music, two of which have already turned up due to Warp's mighty fine mail order service



Frst up is the new album by !!! which is very funky and danceable, although I have a nagging feeling that it would have been better as a mini album - still it has a song with the chorus "Like I give a fuck, Like I give a shit", which is alright by me...



Second CD is what I think is the first official compilation of Grime, it's not quite drum'n'bass, not quite garage, and I don't know if it's just me - but I reckon most of the tunes on offer here would make really good mobile phone ringtones. In reality this compilation is a great example of if there is one thing that we do really well in this country, it's underground dance music.

No comments:

Post a Comment