Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Went to see Gang Starr last night, well when I say Gang Starr I mean Guru as DJ Premier wasn't there (even though certain websites said he would be). Not a bad night out, being a bit of a pretentious backpack hip-hop fan I've not really listened to his stuff before, but I was suitably impressed with what I believe the kids call his "mad skillz". Support act wasn't too bad either, someone called Estelle, who might be worth keeping an eye on.



Anyway, pictures are here and a crappy video is over here.



By the way the picture on the left has nothing to do with Guru or Gang Starr, it's the new book/mix CD from Paul D Miller aka DJ Spooky that Subliminal Kid, he's been let loose on the Sub Rosa archives which should at least be interesting.



















No comments:

Post a Comment