Monday, May 12, 2003

Damn, this page is getting long...



RJD2 - The Horror

This sort of thing must really annoy the people who buy def jux 12 inches, a handy collection of b-sides and remixes from the dead ringer album and an extra CD-rom with some live performances, an animated version of the horror video and the making of the horror (but strangely the actual video isn't on this disk). Anyway for someone like me who doesn't buy vinyl this is a welcome treat, the remixes of ghostwriter and june are very good, the other stuff is well up there with his album - actually I reckon some of the instrumental tracks on this are better than the album tracks - however the CD-Rom stuff only gets an OK from me... as much as I like the turntable-tomfoolery it's pretty dull to watch.



Four Tet - Rounds

Some bright spark has come up the term folktronica to describe music like this, I dunno though... OK there are acoustic instruments being sampled but I wouldn't say the songs themselves sound like folk music, it's kind of more jazzy in an Amon Tobin-styleee. So, what do I think about this album? Pretty much the same as every review you'll find on the internet, it's very good...



Prefuse 73 - One Word Extinguisher

So hands up who's bored of me writing, buy this album, it's very good... Well I'm afraid that your going to end up disappointed again, I like this album - I'd say it beats his first album, apparently this one was written over the course of a pretty messy break-up, so it seems a touch melancholic in places to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment