Monday, May 26, 2003

OK, this bit of the site is become a right hassle, so I'm going for a quick one today. I think these are the latest CD's, but I may have missed some



Gonzales - Z

OK, for those people at the back who've just arrived let me introduce you to 'Chilly' Gonzales, very hairy, Jewish (I think), Canadian rapper/raconteur extrordinaire. This album may or may not be his swan song, damn shame if it is - it's sort of a best of, apparently the original intention was to produce a new album but he reckons he just ended up playing all his old songs. So this CD ends up being a collection of re-worked Chilly classics - great fun.



Various Artists - Lexoleum

Compilation from Lex Records, home of Tes and Boom Bip, so what you get is a mighty fine collection of left-field hip-hop. Really good stuff too...



The Matthew Herbert Big Band - Goodbye Swingtime

And by jove this is full on big band music but thankfully very much removed from that bloody Robbie Williams album, very classy - needs to be appreciated while drinking expensive cocktails and smoking posh fags.



DJ Scud - Ambush!

I think the artist and title explain everything you need to know about this



Sk/um - I Pagu Fallsins

I couldn't be bothered to type the title properly, theres some weird punctuation and strange letters. Anyway, it's Icelandic electronica as recommended by the BBC experimental music site - to be brutally honest I'm not that impressed by it, it gets very samey and it's not very challenging.



Morphine - The Best of Morphine

A complete rip off since I already own all but three of the sixteen tracks here, but I love the band and wanted to be a completist. In case your wondering Morphine were a three piece comprising of drums, baritone sax, two string slide bass and vocals - sadly the singer/songwriter died of a heart attack a few years ago, they did the sort of music that complements maudlin drinking sessions and chain smoking perfectly. I miss them alot...



Various Artists - Playlist Dance & Urban

One of those crappy compilation CD's HMV give away free, but worth a mention because of a track by someone called McKay who does a mighty fine hip-hop/blues/funk crossover.

No comments:

Post a Comment