Sunday, November 23, 2003

Nice packaging...



Raster-Noton.Archiv 1

The packaging hear deserves a special mention: The CD comes in a plastic re-sealable silver bag, with a perpex information sheet, but hold it up to the light and it becomes clear that the whole thing is slightly transparent, including the CD itself - which is something I've never seen. I got this with my subscription to The Wire magazine, its basically a compilation from a German record label called Raster-Noton of very minimalistic electronic compositions. All the pieces are constructed from tiny micro clicks, pops and whizzes creating an almost minimal house feel to some of the tracks. It's interesting more than anything, I liked some of the tracks, but a whole CD of them is a little bit wearing. Mainly I had the feeling that this sort of music needs some sort of visual element, or maybe it just needs to be listened to in a more suitable environment, it doesn't work as well as it should in my tiny flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment