Sunday, November 23, 2003

Not sure if you noticed but England seem to have got good at Rugby ;-) - I watched the match in a pub in Woking rather than from the comfort of my Sofa (which would have been the sensible option) but you can't beat standing in a Pub at 9am, drinking orange juice because you're driving, and having your hangover shouted at by very loud Rugby fans can you? Hold on a minute...!



If I hadn't been driving I would have probably done some proper celebrating, but that didn't happen. The rest of the weekend was spent trying to lower my DVD to watch pile by ploughing throw a whole series of (the sadly cancelled) Futurama and all three Indiana Jones films.



Speaking of films, here's my take on The Matrix Revolutions: I went in to the Warner Village in Staines (very nice cinema by the way) with very low expectations, and I think it was because of this that I actually enjoyed the film. It's kind of the reverse of the last one in that the events in the 'real' world are really good, but the few scenes set in the Matrix were a bit of a let down. The final battle in Zion was much better than I expected, and Neo's excursion to the real machine City was kind of cool, but the battle with Agent Smith was just dumb and I was a bit dissappointed that they didn't use or explain the Merovingian much - oh, and the end scene was pants. Overall I enjoyed this film more than the last, but that enjoyment is overshadowed by my dissapointment that the final two films in the trilogy, which hinted at some really interesting meta-physical ideas, decended to your usual action film fluff. They should have just stopped with the first one really...

No comments:

Post a Comment