Sunday, January 11, 2004

Dub and Scratches...



Philip Jeck - Surf

This is a re-release of an early Philip Jeck CD, once again showcasing his unique turntable skills. If you're feeling curious about his music I'd recommend starting with Stoke or 7, this CD is a little more difficult than those.



Rhythm & Sound with The Artists

I've got a fair amount of dub albums which gernerally fall into one of two camps; either the lates 60's to early 70's likes of King Tubby, Horace Andy or the more modern instrumental stuff by Bill Laswell. This CD sort of combines the two, a modern production team with legendary (apparently... I'm afraid I'm pretty ignorant at times) vocalists - damn fine stuff. The first two tracks, King In My Empire and Queen In My Empire are especially interesting. Essentially they are the same song, but the first time with vocals from a male perspective followed by the female perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment