Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I have an allofmp3 account and I'm not afraid to use it, OK they are a bit dodgy but I refuse to download songs crippled by DRM (stand up iTunes I'm talking to you, and MSN music can stop smirking over there) and besides Bleep they seem to be the only ones that offer pure unsullied mp3s.

This is what I've downloaded so far:

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
I'm getting a hankering in my old age for gentle country-esque music, as long as it comes with a slight experimental edge. This fits the bill nicely, very nicely indeed in fact - plus it got a 10.0 on pitchfork

And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Source Tags & Codes
Another 10.0 on pitchfork, whenever I'm in a normal record shop with the urge to buy this it never seems to be in stock.

Swans - The Great Annhilator
They have the Swans? Wow!

If anyone has any recommendations that would be handy...

/phil wanders off to pillage the old US hardcore sections, D.R.I.? Circle Jerks? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment