Wednesday, July 13, 2005

As I was standing outside my flat not having a cigarette tonight it struck me that anyone passing by has been hearing some very disturbing noises coming from my open windows. Ghostly choirs and unearthly creatures screaming and gurgling as they are sent very firmly back to the depths of hell have been the soundtrack to the last few nights.

Basically I've been playing this God of War game pretty much all of my spare time and I just wanted to reiterate how superb it is. I think I did it a bit of an injustice in my last post by homing in on the fact that the female characters are somewhat underdressed. What I should have done is spent more time describing how satisfying the combat feels, every hack and slash feels bang on and it never gets boring with mini-set pieces such as mashing the circle button as your character rams his sword down a minotaurs throat to keep your interest from waning. And when you start feeling a bit worried by the fact that you're enjoying what is effectively an incredibly violent experience the game will throw a puzzle that actually manages to engage more than the usual fetch key from place A, open door at place B situation. I have a nasty feeling though that it will be ignored by the majority of the game playing public - shame.

Anyway, enough games - couple of new CDs. Kind of nice, you can read about them here and even listen to a couple of tunes. Oooh, aren't I generous?

Right, big day tomorrow - might actually have something worth posting...

No comments:

Post a Comment