Tuesday, April 8, 2003

And as if by magic the shopkeeper appeared... Well something weird happened since it's gone midnight and I can't work out how I've managed to waste a whole evening doing bugger all.



A funny thing happened to me on the way to the record shop the other day, well it was actually while I was paying for a CD, but that didn't sound like a good way to start off the story. Anyway, I was handing over the new Autechre CD and the girl who was serving me asked, with a concerned tone to her voice, if I had heard it? As if the music on the disc was just too damn weird for the public at large to listen to, like it should be served from under the counter in a brown paper bag... I find that kind of worrying. Are people's music tastes so narrow in these so-called enlightened times that they can't listen to anything that doesn't conform to the verse - chorus - verse structure, that maybe just tries to go off and explore slightly different territory? Apparently Nick Hornby has argued in his new-ish book 31 Songs that it's impossible to enjoy avant-garde music. Of course this is coming from a man who put's songs by Nelly Furtado and Van Morrison (arguably two of the dullest musicians ever) in his the list of life-changing songs... I'm probably making too much of this aren't I? And probably coming across as a complete music snob too. Well, in my defence, I'm a bit of an obsessive Nine Inch Nails fan and I've had several arguments with people about the genius of Tatu - so there!



OK, random link time! Hand's up who thinks this is the greatest music video ever made? And I don't know whether this is very worrying or mildly arousing.



Finally let's hope that Portsmouth don't fuck up and let Leicester overtake them in the league, because if that happens there may be a few people I know with shattered eardrums... Why is that phil? Well, because of me screeching in there earholes with laughter!



COME ON THE FOXES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment