Thursday, July 3, 2003

single shopping



DJ Shadow - Mashin' On the Motorway

Bunch of remixes (well 3 and a couple of radio edits) from the Shadow-meisters last album. I'm sorry to say it doesn't do anything for me really - I guess because there all non-Shadow mixes. There is also a DVD with a couple of videos, but I haven't watched these yet.



Massive Attack - Butterfly Caught

Hmm, why did I buy this? Well the RJD2 mix basically, OK I could have just downloaded it probably, but when I'm in a big record shop I tend to be a bit impulsive and buy things I like the look of. Anyway it's not a bad version, but an instrumental one would have been better - as for the other mixes, the Jagz Kooner one sounds OK...



The Bug featuring Cutty Ranks - Gun Disease

Now this is just plain evil! I would not like to meet this CD in a dark alley, two songs - the main one is all truly crushing bass, dodgy violent lyrics and a drum beat that's not quite ragga, not quite jungle - but somewhere in between. Then there is a brooding dub version on the other track... I love it! And, they are selling this in my local Virgin! Let's just hope it doesn't fall into any young impressionable hands... heh heh heh!



Minor Threat - First Demo Tape

I'm ashamed... this is the first Minor Threat 'album' I've ever bought. At least I now own a little bit of history - the pre Fugazi band's first demo, which I have to say has scrubbed up very nicely considering how old it is and how it must have been recorded. Anyway 8 songs, 10 minutes long and it has a photo of Henry Rollins dressed up as Minnie Mouse in the gatefold... quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment