Sunday, March 14, 2004

A couple of retro ones...



The Beatles - The White Album

As I mentioned on the main page, I've got Jay-Z's Black Album and Dangermouse's Grey Album so I felt that it was my duty to own this one too. Well, I can't deny that they knew how to write a song or two - but I'm afraid they just leave me a bit cold. Having said that I do like the rockier ones: Helter Skelter especially - although that's probably something to do with my ambition to one day start a cult.



Rough Trade Shops - Counter Culture 2003

This is a compilation chosen by the staff at the Rough Trade record shop, so naturally it's full of tunes from obscure vinyl only releases from obscure indie bands on obscure indie labels. Actually that's a complete generalisation, some of it's not indie ;-) Bit long, but there is some good stuff here if you have the patience, and you can't really go wrong with a CD that contains a band called Selfish Cunt.



Fugazi - Repeater + 3 Songs

Why the fuck haven't I bought this before?!



Part Chimp - Bring Back The Sound

Woah! Just what I was after, good old fashioned rock music but with everything running in the red. Incredibly loud, angry and noisy - definitely one to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment