Tuesday, March 2, 2004

I've spent a fair amount of today listening to one of my favourite bands, Godflesh (there is a point to this, just give me a minute).



Anyway, they disbanded in 2002 - shortly afterward Justin Broadrick, the creative brains behind the band, announced his intention to carry on his 'Rock' music writing with a new band called Jesu. To quote from an interview posted on the scarily well informed Godflesh.com, Jesu are going to be: slow, miserable, heavy and emotional with really really self-indulgant songs on average ten minutes long - basically, bang up my street. The first EP is going to consist of two songs, Heartache and Ruined both averaging 20 minutes long - I'm practically moist with anticipation!



The problem is it seems that Jesu is only going to be on very small labels, such as Dry Run Recordings. Well, I've been doing my reasearch on this label and it seems they've only got four signed bands, the only one with any information being Pale Horse - and it seem's this band has got some good reviews...



Now we reach the point: I got Gee That Ain't Swell by Pale Horse today - it's rather good.





No comments:

Post a Comment