Tuesday, March 2, 2004

I think you'll like this one Walshie...



Pale Horse - Gee That Ain't Swell

You know your into seriously heavy territory when an album starts off with a track consisting of 5 minutes of feedback, welcome to Pale Horse! They settle down on the second track with a formula of twin heavily distorted basses, a drum beat so slow it almost goes into reverse, and vocals that sound strangely like those used by the mighty Carcass. And so it continues until halfway through the third song when the death metal vocals disappear and they go all - well, emo I guess. This is the sort of thing I like in music - to be suprised. They continue to do this all through the album, one minute it's sludge-core at it's finest, the next minute you'll be listening to a gently strummed acoustic line. Since I'm a big fan of picking bands by association (I went for these for reasons explained on the front page) I'll compare these to someone else to make the leap less stressful - the best I can come up with is Isis with a hint of Sunn 0))) - not entirely sure that helps much?

No comments:

Post a Comment