Sunday, May 15, 2005

I think we can mark down John's birthday celebrations in Richmond on Saturday as a success. We had dancing Elvises, Postman Pat, a bit of indecent exposure and what was apparently the funniest answer phone message in the world thanks to some Rugby fans who helped out with backing vocals, plenty of dodgy camera phone pictures over here, and here is a video of a dancing Elvis. Only problem with the whole day is I think I've broken my Liver...

Right, back to my usual obsession: Music.

I have an EP by a band called Pelican which I'd recommend getting, you can read about it over here, and maybe even listen to a bit of it.

They have a link on there site to an interesting band called Chord, I guess you could call them a conceptual drone rock outfit - basically take several guitarists and make them play the same chord over and over and over again. Kind of works even if the idea does seem like a bit of a piss take.

No comments:

Post a Comment