Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I've just watched a program on ITV2 which had a Jumbo Jet pulling competition between an Elephant and a team of midgets. I think it says alot about our species - probably involving our impending doom.

Anyway, some commentary on the forthcoming next generation video game machines that have ben announced at this here E3 show in America.

The new XBox 360 seems very nice to me, it looks like its able to pump out suitably pretty pictures and they do know what they are doing with XBox Live even if this whole idea of micropayments for extra content in games is a bit worrying. The thing I really like about it is they've got Jeff Minter doing the visuals for the media player - which is bloody fantastic if you have any appreciation for psychedelic old school games written by llama obsessed hippies.

The PlayStation 3 gives me they fear, from what I can gather from all the technical jargon it basically shits on anything that currently has a microchip in it. Crying shame that the controller seems to be some sort of joke.

And the new Nintendo 'Revolution' is going to be backward compatible with pretty much every single Nintendo game ever (apparently) and plays DVDs... Hmm, so what happened to the revolution? This from a game company that has released a Bongo controller (which is great fun) for there current console. Mildy disappointed, looks quite nice though.

Darth Phil will of course be purchasing all of these consoles at some point. I can actually hear my credit card weeping as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment