Sunday, May 8, 2005

Mixed & Remixed Jazz...

DJ Spooky - Celestial Mechanix: The Blue Series Mastermix
Considering I've got quite a few CDs from Thirsty Ear's Blue Series of modern Jazz CDs I'm suprised I hadn't heard of this. To celebrate the 30th release on this label DJ Spooky has been let loose on there archives and produced a pretty remarkable mix album. It contains two discs, on the first CD he produces remixes of tracks (which may or not originally be his, I'm not really sure) using source material from Blue Series. On the second CD he uses these tracks along with about 24 extra ones to produce one continous mix of music. It's an interesting idea, applying the freedom and ideals of jazz to the remix and the mix - It does however make it a very challenging CD to listen to, there's almost too much to listen to here! Anyway, have a listen - this track is sort of jazzy illbient g-funk, rather good I think.

MP3: CD: Dir>Gesture><N<B*la Theory [Remix]

No comments:

Post a Comment