Sunday, May 8, 2005

I went for option 2 in the end.

Back to more recent events. I've been spending this weekend vegetating mainly, I could claim that I've been all sophisticated by listening to jazz and reading classic novels (which is true to a certain extent) but it feels like a bit of a lie as I've spent more time playing videogames and half-heartedly watching television. I'm hoping that if I keep writing again about how I do fuck all at the weekend I'll actually start to do something about it out of some sort of misplaced guilt. I'm very good with guilt, very good indeed really...

Anyway, This is the book I've read this weekend:

I am Legend by Richard Matheson was written in the 50's, it gets described as a Sci-Fi vampire novel where the main protagonist is seemingly the only surviving member of the human race and everyone else has become 'Vampires'. I guess it gets described as a Sci-Fi story as it does approach the vampire myth with a very neat and scientific approach which is quite refreshing, feels more like a zombie story to me - which is never a bad idea. I enjoyed it alot, you can tell as I managed to polish it off in one afternoon.

Also picked up the latest book by William Gibson, if it's good enough for Neil Gaiman it's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment