Friday, October 22, 2004

my first japanese import...



Isis - Oceanic Remixes/Reinterpretations

Well, I've bought Japanese CDs before, but this is the first one I've bought direct from Japan. This double CD does pretty much what it says on the packet, ie it contains remixes and reinterpretations of songs from Isis's Oceanic album. It's being released here as a series of limited edition vinyl singles, which is annoying since I don't have a record player hence the importing nonsense. OK, first track is from genius that is Fennesz, with little more than a bit of processed guitar and a few glitches he can create some of the most epic and emotional sounding music you've ever heard. The Ayal Noar remix is very good, although I think he's worked with Isis before so has an advantage, the Thomas Koner one is suitably creepy. In fact the only track thats a bit iffy on the first CD is the one from Teledubgnosis which is a biut long - although the Mike Patton track is just bizarre. The Second CD has plenty of weird stuff on it, the problem is there is also a JK Broadrick remix at the end so I've found myself wishing the others would hurry up so I could get to the main event so to speak, it's exactly what I thought it would sound like - ie like the new Jesu stuff. Anyway, if you like Isis and the more experimental side of the music spectrum I'd recommend this CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment