Thursday, August 28, 2003

Four (count 'em homeboyz!) new CDs turned up in the post today, I'm going to take my time with the 'reviews' for these since they are all so good! Yes, I know that I tend to go on about all the CDs I get with nothing but praise, but you probably get the impression that some of my purchase I could probably live without... a very small minority, but never the less it's there.



So first up is Cex with Being Ridden Instrumentals, short sharp acoustic driven tunes well up to the standard of his excellent Oops! I did it again album. Then Prefuse 73 with Extinguished, this is described as outtakes from his recent One Word Extinguisher album but I think of it as more of a companion piece - as a listening experience I'd say it's better. Finally two Anticon based CDs, from Why? we have Oaklandazulasylum - very good, but even better is the cLOUDDEAD CD. Damn this is good, I was expecting a hip hop album, but this is closer to what the Boards of Canada do. Damn it's good!



I also recieved a new comic book called Y the last man, it's based on the idea that all the males in the world have died from a sudden plague except for Yoric, an escapologist and Ampersand his pet monkey. The characters aren't as interesting as what I'm used to reading, but the story is fascinating and I'm looking forward to the next issue.



Other news, has anyone seen what's going on over at Johnboy's corner of the internet? I'm quite proud of this ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment