Tuesday, March 22, 2005

So they made a film of my favourite comic book character John Constantine...

What did they do right? Well the devil was kind of cool, and Keanu's one finger bsalute to him at a certain climatic point was pure Constantine.

Bad points? Well where to begin? We'll the blindingly obvious one was making him American, then giving Keanu Reeves the main role; Neo just lacked all the charisma, wit and nastiness that makes the character so interesting. Then there was making Constantine some sort of freelance exorcist, what happened to the magic? The somewhat addictive relationship he has to the occult in the comic books was pretty much nowhere to be seen... I could rant on all night, well if I could be arsed - but I can't. Basically if you like the comic books don't bother with it, if you haven't read the comic books... erm, read them instead! If you don't like the comic books then I really can't help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment